Happy *early* Thanksgiving!
I’ve been cooking and baking since early this morning but I wanted to pop on here and upload another recipe for your Thanksgiving table.
I used to love Kroger’s deli cranberry celebration salad – but now that I’m following a keto way of eating, I needed to find a way to make something similar but sugar-free. I think it’s pretty close!
I made homemade berry jam last night – which I used to sweeten this recipe. I hope you enjoy!
Please check out my *New Keto Holiday Desserts Ebook
Keto Cranberry Celebration
- 1/2 Tbsp Keto Berry Jam or store-bought sugar-free raspberry jam
- 1/2 bag whole cranberries, rinsed
- 1 whole chayote squash, peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup Swerve confectioner sweetener
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 Tbsp gelatin
- In a medium saucepan, bring cranberries, chayote squash, berry jam, 1/2 cup water, and orange zest to a boil. Simmer covered for 5 minutes or until all cranberries have popped open.
- Smash cranberries with the back of a spoon while stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in Swerve and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small container, add 1/8 cup room temperature water and sprinkle gelatin over water, stir then let set for 2 minutes for gelatin to bloom.
- Add thickened gelatin to the cranberry mixture, stir to combine. Stir in walnuts. Pour into a serving container and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Top with extra walnuts.
I hope you all enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday
…and the Christmas season.