Keto Skillet “Cornbread”
- Small Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp salted butter (see step 1.)
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 2 Tbsp butter in a small cast iron skillet and place in the oven while it is preheating.
- In a small bowl, beat 3 eggs and add the cheddar cheese and melted butter; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg-cheese-butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven. Swirl the melted butter around the skillet. Pour the "cornbread" batter into the hot skillet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown in color.
For a sweet cornbread, add 1/4 cup Swerve granular sweetener in step 2 (wet ingredients).