Keto Skillet "Cornbread"
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp salted butter (see step 1.)
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 2 Tbsp butter in a small cast iron skillet and place in the oven while it is preheating.
In a small bowl, beat 3 eggs and add the cheddar cheese and melted butter; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the egg-cheese-butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven. Swirl the melted butter around the skillet. Pour the "cornbread" batter into the hot skillet.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown in color.
For a sweet cornbread, add 1/4 cup Swerve granular sweetener in step 2 (wet ingredients).