Tuesday nights are busy nights for our family. Ballet and Lyrical classes for our daughter begin at 5pm, but we get back home too late to eat dinner together after her classes. So…dinner not only needs to be protein packed, healthy and filling to keep her energy level up…but also needs to be on the table by 4pm. We ALWAYS make a point to eat dinner as a family…and I just LOVE that!
I’m thankful for the opportunity to be a stay-at-home Mom…but even if you work outside the home, you could prep this meal the night before, start the Southern Green Beans in a crock-pot in the morning, and still have a nice evening meal with little to no fuss. Creamiest Mashed Potatoes can be made 1-2 days in advance if needed.
These pork chops are moist and juicy, with just the right amount of seasoned crispiness.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. In a separate small bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Rinse the pork chops in cold water. Set aside.
Place 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil into a cast iron skillet and turn heat to medium. Add 2-3 garlic cloves and cook until lightly browned. Remove the garlic and discard (or save for another use)…we are using the garlic to flavor the oil.
Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the panko bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the skillet, and brown abut 5 minutes on each side.
The pork chops I purchased wouldn’t fit in my largest cast iron skillet, so I cut the fourth one in half and cooked it in a smaller skillet at the same time.
Place the cast iron skillet and pork chops in the preheated oven and cook 25-30 minutes (internal temperature of 145 degrees F).
Parmesan Breaded Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a small bowl, beat together 2 eggs and 1/4 cup milk. In a separate small bowl, combine 1/2 cup panko Italian bread crumbs, 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, and 2 Tbsp parsley. Set aside.
- Rinse pork chops with cold water and set aside.
- Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil in a large, cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Stir in 3 cloves garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic, discard or save for another use.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg/milk mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the heated skillet, and brown about 5 minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet and pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook 25-30 minutes (internal temperature 145 degrees).
Serve with Southern Green Beans and Creamiest Mashed Potatoes. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by! Please share with your friends and family 🙂
One thought on “Parmesan Breaded Pork Chops”